For as long as i feel interested in weird stuff i will be posting any and every weird or bordering on the strange stuff here. From news that made headlines to the more obscure shit you wish you heard, everything will make it on here. For today here is a list of some strange or funny or just plain eye popping info i found on Stunningstuff..
1. Barbie’s full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts... [ people barbie has a surname; hmm i wander who her grand kids are]
2. American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad in first class. [ what i want to know is if it costs AA 40k per extra olive per trip or for the entire year of 87… didn’t know olives cost so damn much ]
3. 30% of Chinese adults live with their parents. [ i must be Chinese then]
4. 200 million people in China live on less than $1 a day.
5. There are 100 million internet users in China. Some of the sites they can’t access are BBC news, Amnesty International and Dalailama.com.
6. In 2006, there were 398 million mobile (or cell) phones in China [ interesting side note; there are more mobile phones in mainland china than there are Americans…err… including all the illegals 😉 ]
7. China is the source of 70% of the worlds pirated goods. [ the other 30% come from Somalia 🙂 ]
8. 20% of the world’s population lives in China.
9. People spend about two weeks of their lives at traffic lights!
10. Left handed people live slightly shorter lives than right handed people. [ that would explain a lot of things… like why parents beat their kids into righties over here ]
Check out these weird car crashes too…